Friday, August 8, 2008

Pacing yourself is key

Since I've been spending more and more time on my favorite time-sucking website, Ravelry, I decided to participate in the Ravelympics. What are the Ravelympics, you ask? Well, basically it's a "competition" of knitters and crocheters that coincides with the Olympics going on in Beijing.
The idea is that you join up with a team (I joined Team Colorado), sign up for some events, (I entered PetsPommelHorse) and pick a project to make that coincides with the event.

The rules are pretty simple: You cannot cast on until the opening ceremonies start, and you have to be 100% completely done by the end of closing ceremonies.

Since (as I've mentioned once or twice) I tend to be a slower knitter, I decided to play it safe and picked a project that I'm sure I'll be able to finish in 17 days.


I'm going to be knitting a Paw Cozy (actually, I'm going to knit two of them). Here are some photos of the Cozy from the knitty.com website.



The best part about this project, is that I already had this yarn in my stash - yay, no shopping required! Although the two yarns look similar, they colors are pretty different. One is more of a dark blue/blue gray mix, the other is a dark blue/light blue/green mix. They are both 60% wool 40% acryllic blends, and of course (most importantly) machine washable.


I do have one confession though: In true KnittyBoomBoom fashion, I won't be casting on this evening (yes, I know, shocking that I'm not starting something on time), but I will be casting on this weeekend. Slow and steady - that's me!! Go Team, Go!!!!