Thursday, August 7, 2008

Karma is a Knitter

Let me set the scene: So, there I was, having an icky week. You know - counting down the days to the weekend, when all of a sudden, there it was, in the most unlikely of all places to find happiness - my mailbox!! A package full of sunshine from my Swap Buddy!
I could hardly contain myself as I tore into it (yes, I get excited easily)! So much goodness to brighten up one's day!!


Included were a Calorimetry - or cool knit headband that's supposed to keep your head warm in the winter without wearing a hat- that she knit up herself. My Buddy totally did her homework on this one - I was so going to make one of these for myself.


Also some awesome yarns. A skein of Claudia's Hand Painted yarn in a fingering weight Merino. It's a gorgeous combination of purples called "Midnight" (the photo does not do it justice!).


And, a ball of Filati Cabo Verde in green and white. It's a cotton/acrylic blend that is oh-so-soft! And some citrus scented Soak (in the background there).

She also included some stitch markers - can never have too many!


And, someone must have told her about my weakness and love of all things notebook-y, because she included a cute little one as well.



All in all, a totally awesome care package from a totally awesome Swap Buddy, that made this frown turn upside down!!