Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Sunshine On My Shoulders Makes Me Happy**

Hooray Hooray!! As if everyone didn't already know - it's Spring!!! Everything is finally getting green again, the weather is not too hot or cold (except, of course, when we have our famous April snow storms), and the days are longer!

I'm very lucky that the complex I live in is very nicely landscaped and maintained. It's almost like living in a park. Boomie loves to run around in the grass, and while he occupies himself with some weird smell or other, I always have lovely things to look at.

Case in point, just outside my front door is this lovely tree!


It's branches hang over my entry way, framing it in Springtime goodness. The flowers will eventually fall off and turn into leaves (which is also nice), but it's so pretty right now.




The colors of my tree have influenced my latest yarn acquisition and project. I have decided to start the Mitered Square Blanket from Mason Dixon Knitting. It'll probably take a couple of years to finish, but I figured that it would be nice to have little mitered squares to work on now and again as a portable project. Standing in my LYS, I immediately gravitated towards the more "springy" colors, and decided upon these two to start my squares out with.



What you are looking at is 2 skeins of Tahki Cotton Classic (yummy yummy yarn), one in Grass Green, the other in Cream. I'm almost hesitant to start knitting with them - I really enjoy just looking at them - all bright and cheerful, wound into their little center-pull balls...

Simple pleasures for a simple mind!





**John Denver rocks!!!