Monday, April 21, 2008

Out, Damn Spot!

As we all know, life is full of mysteries, and the Universe is full of random weirdness. Case in point: Boomer has a spot. Yes, a spot.


I noticed it yesterday afternoon - a dark, black, stainy type of spot in the fur on his side. I got out a wet wipe (that I usually use for his muddy feet after a walk), and tried to clean the spot off. I only made it worse. It was like some sort of inky gunk had gotten into his fur. So out came the whitening shampoo. No luck. The spot was just more smudgy and had spread out even further.

Now you may wonder why this is so odd, but, for the life of me, I cannot figure out where the spot came from (or really what it even is). I know he got it somewhere inside, but where?? I've searched high and low for anything that could have produced his mystery spot, and have yet to come up with anything.


So, I decided to go to the source, and ask Boomer where the spot came from, and so far, have gotten a couple of different answers. First he explained that he was catching up on some correspondence, got sleepy and fell asleep on his Sharpie marker. Then he explained that he was thinking of going Brunette, and the hair coloring box said to try the dye out on a small spot first. But, I think I finally got the true answer out of him this evening (after trying, again unsuccessfully, to shampoo the spot clean) - it was just a tattoo gone bad. He's been trying to toughen up him image, you see. I guess he thought all the scrubbing and shampooing were some type of doggie water torture, and he's better just fess up - d'oh!


At least it's just on his fur, so we'll just have to wait till it grows out, or wears off, or maybe I'll just clip the fur there.

Ahh, doggies - never a dull moment!! At least is hasn't effected his appetite!