Sunday, March 30, 2008

An FO - Yay Fo Me!!!

Finally - a Finished Object (FO) to share on the blog. I've had a couple of other items that have been finished, but they were either "secret" projects or just turned out waaay to embarrassing to show. So, here it it: The Soft Drawstring Pouch. This was my first foray into knitting with circs, and I think it came out splendidly (if I do say so myself). It was also my first time doing a 3-needle bind off, which I absolutely love love love!! No seaming - which is totally not my strong suit - plus it makes such a nice clean edge.






So, here are the stats:

Pattern: Soft Drawstring Pouch
Yarn: Cotton Fleece by Brown Sheep Co, Oriental Jade, 1 Skein (80% Cotton, 20% Merino)

Needles: US 6, 16" Circulars
Size: 8" wide x 10" high
Mods: The pattern called for all stockinette stitch so that the top edge rolled down a bit. I decided to do a few rows of garter stitch at the top to avoid the rolled edge. Also, I did not make the fringe tassels for the ends of the I-Cord drawstring. I was concerned that they would become frayed and ratty looking after time.


Although this was a very simple project to do (and really should have taken a weekend, but took about 3 weeks, d'oh), I picked up some new skillz:























2) Making yarn over eyelets - check!















3) Knitting an I-Cord - check!


(Sorry, no pic of the I-Cord, so here's Boomer!)















4) Doing a 3-needle Bind Off - check!















All in all, very basic skillz, but I definitely feel like I've increased my confidence level. Hmm, maybe it's time to try socks again!!!