Monday, May 19, 2008

And we're back....

Back to blog land from my unexpected hiatus! A few things to report - some knitting related, some Boomer related, some random stuff.
But for now, a FO!!! Can ya' believe it? I almost can't!


When I first saw this pattern, I just knew I had to knit it. It was just so sweet! Luckily, I knew just the baby girl to make this for. And so I present, a completed (weaved in ends and all) "Mae Day Smocked Sun Dress"


And now for the stats:


Pattern: "Mae Day Smocked Baby Sun Dress" by Vickie Howell
Yarn: Sugar n' Cream, Hot Pink, 100% Cotton, about 3 balls
Needles: Size 4US straight, Size 6US circs (32in), and Size 4US dpns
Mods: The pattern called for the dress to be knit up in two pieces then seamed up the sides. Um, yeah, I hate seaming, so after the smocked panels were knit up, I put them on the circs and knit the entire bottom in one piece - yay - no seams! Also, I made it about a 1 1/2 inches shorter than the pattern called for. It seemed way too long.
(Top smocked portion)



This was a super easy pattern to follow, and should have only taken me a few days to do, but it kinda got put aside and ended up taking about a month. Oh well, just in time for spring!!