Monday, August 3, 2009

Time Flies....

...when nothing too noteworthy is going on!

There actually has been some knitting going on, as well as lots and lots of Boomer-ific antics! For now, however, we have just a small sampling of what we've been up to the last week or so.

I cast on for a new project - my first adult sized sweater, thank you very much. So far, so good. And just to make sure all my duckies were in a row, I even swatched for the correct gauge in both stockinette and in the cable pattern - yay me!

Not only did I knit my swatches - I washed and blocked them to make sure the yarn didn't do anything to weird once I was done.....duck, duck, duck --all in a row!


After the swatches had dried, Boomie was a little concerned that they were not quite the right size (he has a pathological mistrust of tape measures and rulers), so he insisted on inspecting them himself. He's such a good little helper!
They seemed to taste all right, and smell okay.


Yup - they got the Official Boomer Seal of Approval. Knitting the sweater could now officially commence!!



I have completed a couple of other projects (both Boomer & knitting related) in the last, ahem, 4 months, but will save them for another time.

For now I leave you with this:


...because he's so dang cute!!! Woof!