So, I've gotten a few questions about the status of my Ravelympic effort. I'm sorry to report that I was not able to cross the finish line victoriously. Sigh.....
If you recall, I started my project - a paw cozy - a few days late. I was making pretty good progress on it; I had finished the entire cuff of the cozy in a day and a half (trust me, that's some speedy knitting for moi), and had just switched to the larger DPN's that the pattern called for. After knitting a few rounds, the unthinkable - a broken DPN! Split, right up the middle. I guess that's what I get for buying the absolute cheapest "bamboo" set of Double Point Needle's on eBay. Double sigh....
What I didn't realize at the time, however, was how difficult it was going to be to find a new set of size US9 double points! So, here is how far I got on my project (pic taken before fateful injury):
There is, however, some good knitterly news! I did manage to finish a project during the Olympics (in hindsight, maybe this should have been my Ravelympic effort). Hooray for the Finished Object or "FO". I love, love, love this scarf! It was made for my swap buddy, and she seems to like it as well!
And now for the the stats:
Pattern: Old Shale Scarf by Tienne
Yarn: Knit Picks Gloss in fingering weight, 70% Merino/30%Silk, in Black
Needles: Size 6US straight
Mods: None! The only thing I would change is to not use such a dark color. It's hard to pick up on the pattern unless you really look at it.
I will be making this one again - for sure!!
Now, I still want to make a couple of paw cozies, so will be re-casting on in the coming weeks. I will just be using smaller needles (US7's & US8's instead of 8's & 9's). Stay tuned!